About Newport.TAKKT - a TAKKT company
Newport is part of the TAKKT group which is on a journey to become the leading B2B ecommerce specialist for business equipment and solutions. With businesses in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands and customers across Europe, we also invest in potential partners as we look to grow our already extensive and highly skilled network.
We have ambitious but achievable plans to double the size of the group over the next few years, and a key part of making that happen will be delivering a world class technology stack for our businesses to operate on. Our vision is that we should own our technology.
The know-how of our employees sets us apart and our success story is based on flexible thinking, openness and team spirit. Become part of our strong community as
Senior PHP Engineer (m/f/d)
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for talented, ambitious Senior Developer as we build towards our mission of becoming the leading B2B e-commerce business for equipment and solutions. You will be a part of an international team, building an e-commerce platform based on an open-source framework, integrating with various backend ERPs and PIMs. Over time, you will help us achieve our ambition to build all core systems in house.
What you’ll bring
- Intricate knowledge of data structures, software design patterns, development standards and testing
- High motivation to solve complex problems in close collaboration with others
- Ability to work and learn independently as well as part of a team
- Strong commitment to see the outcomes of your work achieve a positive effect on the business
- good communication with a strong passion for quality software development
Essential Technical Experience
- Expert level in building web applications with PHP 7+, good understanding of PHP 8 and its features
- Experience using PHP frameworks like Symfony or/and Laravel
- Familiar with concepts of message queues, async workers, DI, service bus.
- Solid relational database experience (MariaDB, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment (automated builds/tests/deployments)
- Basic experience building and maintaining applications in PaaS or serverless cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- General Linux/Unix knowledge
- Experience building ecommerce applications, using a framework such as Shopware, Magento, Spryker etc.
- Basic Knowledge of ERP systems e.g. Microsoft Dynamics, Odoo, SAP, etc
- Experience with the following languages would be an advantage: Python, C#